In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine embarazofeminine preñez formalfeminine preñez
- Ectopic pregnancy is an important cause of maternal deaths in early pregnancy.
- We booked the first visit with our local general practitioner in the seventh week of pregnancy.
- Measles in pregnancy can cause miscarriage, premature labour or a baby with low birth weight.
- We also asked women about use of nicotine replacement therapy during pregnancy.
- Stretch marks happen when the skin is stretched a lot over a short period of time, such as during pregnancy.
- First births were defined as births to women who had had no previous pregnancies or whose previous pregnancies had all ended in abortion.
- A baby's brain and spinal cord are formed from the neural tube very early in pregnancy.
- Prior to this pregnancy and in previous pregnancies there were no nasal symptoms.
- Secondary infertility is when there have been one or more pregnancies but a further pregnancy has proved impossible.
- We asked all participants about any pregnancies, age at first pregnancy, numbers of pregnancies, and their outcomes.
- Diabetes can develop during pregnancy in a woman who hasn't previously had the condition.
- To date, however, the efficacy of nicotine replacement therapy in pregnancy is not known.
- The practice of screening all pregnant women for syphilis in every pregnancy should continue.
- The first test of any pregnancy is one that confirms the woman is pregnant.
- In the United Kingdom over a quarter of pregnant women who smoke continue to do so during pregnancy.
- They are usually born after a normal, full-term pregnancy.
- They are shown that their future will be brighter if they avoid early pregnancy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.