- It is the first such invitation to a Catholic prelate.
- The conduct of a prelate should so far surpass the conduct of the people as the life of a pastor sets him apart from the flock.
- These two prelates spoke from opposite poles of the church.
- The pictures from Saint Peter's Square on an unusually warm and bright day were sharp and colorful, the rows of scarlet-robed prelates encircling the pope's chair a strong visual sign of Catholic solidarity and order.
- Thus in 1217 Honorius III ordered bishops and prelates to help out the boy-king Henry III.
- The Pope has designated other prelates to stand in for him, and the Vatican says his only commitment is his Easter blessing.
- Only the king could appoint people to it and normally only princes of the blood (the most senior nobles), senior prelates and magnates were allowed to join.
- Finally, a Vatican-appointed committee of three U.S. prelates was commissioned to resolve the crisis.
- Catholic prelates have also engaged in speculation.
- But in the 1893 campaign in Chicago, Moody was the first evangelical preacher that I know of who invited Roman Catholic prelates, priests, and bishops to share his platform.