In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(early rounds)etapa de clasificación previa femininepreliminares masculine Latin America
- The prelims and semi-finals would be held on the same day.
- Unlike the prelims, when five gymnasts from each country compete and four scores count, in the final only three gymnasts perform and all three scores count.
- ‘I have my selections for the prelim rounds, but only one swimmer identified for the finals,’ he said.
- The event continues tonight at 7pm with the last of the prelims.
- If they win, they will be at home the week after in the prelim round to either Ashington or Esh Winning.
- He still earned a gold medal as a prelim relay swimmer and captured silver in the 200 back along with a fifth-place finish in the 100 back.
- Penny has always swum fast in every race, prelim or finals.
- He's a great swimmer and was fast in the prelims and semi-finals.
- After posting the second fastest times in prelims and semifinals of the 200 fly, Phelps positioned himself perfectly for the final, the biggest race of his life.
- This is one of the prelim rounds to get to go to Paris.
- Phelps is the world record-holder in the 400m IM and takes to the water in prelims in the morning and finals at night.
- Over the course of the week, counting prelims and semifinals, Ally swam no fewer than 30 times!
- It took a very long time for me to warm down from the race, and even after my nap between prelims and finals, I didn't feel like I had recovered.
- Posting spectacular times during the prelims and semifinals, Crocker entered the championship race as the favorite.
- The team were penalized 97 points last year when one swimmer missed the start of his prelim race on the final day.
2(in a book)introducción feminine
3(in UK)primeros exámenes en algunas universidades inglesas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.