In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It should be noted, however, that malice aforethought is a technical term whose meaning implies neither ill-will nor premeditation.
- Furthermore, we are by no means satisfied that there was no premeditation.
- There was an element of premeditation about the incident because the group left the public house as the other group of supporters arrived at the station and attempted to leave the station.
- The criteria in establishing a serial murder is that there must be planning, premeditation.
- Digging a grave smacks of premeditation, and premeditation means the act was calculated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.