In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1premenstrualpremenstrual syndrome — síndrome premenstrual masculine
- premenstrual tension — tensión premenstrual
- For how long have women suffered from premenstrual symptoms?
- During the premenstrual stage, women with irregular cycles may not be more aware of their symptoms than women with regular cycles, for at this time an overall heightened focus on premenstrual symptoms is common for all women.
- They will want to know what medicine is good for headaches, arthritis, premenstrual conditions, insomnia, or a host of other conditions.
- It is prescribed for premenstrual problems rather than depression.
- I view menstruation and premenstrual symptoms as a liability.
- Alcohol affects some women negatively during their premenstrual period.
- Studies have shown that women who reduce their caffeine intake two weeks before menstruation suffer less premenstrual breast tenderness.
- Seventy-five percent of the women reported significant improvement in premenstrual symptoms.
- The first ‘modern’ account of premenstrual tension was published in a medical journal in 1931.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.