In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prenatalprenatal clinic — consulta médica para mujeres embarazadas
- During an early prenatal visit, most pregnant women are given a blood test to screen for syphilis.
- Autism cannot currently be detected at birth or through any prenatal screening.
- A healthy child was delivered at term, and the couple will be offered prenatal diagnosis in subsequent pregnancies.
- The screening test studied was prenatal serum screening for Down's syndrome.
- Abused women were also less likely to have prenatal care check-ups during pregnancy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.