In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In Texas, unless you and your husband have signed a marital property agreement, like a prenuptial, all of your wages are classified as community property.
- Abdullah said prenuptial courses given by the government's Islamic Development Department provide enough good advice to last a lifetime.
- The wrangling over the contract details - the couple took two years after announcing their engagement to hammer out their prenuptial - will probably turn out to be worthwhile.
- The government refused to approve yesterday's civil union at City Hall because it said the couple had given ‘incorrect’ information during the prenuptial vetting process.
- For some brides, prenuptial nightmares are a normal part of the wedding preparation.
- One, who was 74 years old, had had a routine prenuptial test in the United States.
- Thorough due diligence is required as part of the prenuptial process so that unforeseen skeletons in closets are discovered before, not after, marriage.
- The wedding couples get head-to-toe prenuptial treatment and a special honeymoon package.
- The accusations could involve prenuptial relations, bridal pregnancy, adultery and severe maltreatment of wives and husbands also.
- The courts are also likely to be influenced by another English judgment relating to prenuptial contracts.
- She had offered to sign a prenuptial before the wedding and Dane had scoffed at the suggestion, refusing to even draw one up.
- Of course, their road to wedded bliss has been blocked with minor annoyances - criticisms of the May-December romance, prenuptial madness, new babies, etc.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.