In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(act)preparación femininetitles in preparation — próximos títulos
- The paper could be made from silk, muslin or cotton fibre and the preparation of the paper was time consuming in its own right.
- We had meetings with all political parties before the general election and will continue this process in preparation for the next general election.
- George will be undergoing extensive training in preparation for next year's World Cup.
- A tangled mess of instruments often takes an inordinate amount of time to sort out in preparation for processing.
- In other football news, two junior national teams are currently undergoing training in preparation for regional competitions scheduled for later this year.
- At least 80 Indonesian workers were currently undergoing training in Japan in preparation for the opening of the new plants.
- Butterfat is mostly used in the preparation of food such as grain and meat.
- This research is considered crucial in preparation for sending humans to Mars.
- Indeed, it might be argued that the state of the marriage is summed up in contrasting scenes relating to the preparation or consumption of food.
- It was soon learnt that members of the protective services were conducting a drill in preparation for any unrest inside the prison.
- In preparation for the fresco process, the wonderboard should be moistened under running water and allowed to sit, rough side up, in the sink.
- Her philosophy revolves around the preparation of organic vegetarian food.
- With more than 350 hours of training in preparation for his climb, he estimates the expedition will cost him more than £3,000.
- The pestle is basic to the preparation of foods and medicines.
- All under-age teams are being trained and coached in preparation for their upcoming competitions.
- We will soon be ready to commence our outdoor training in preparation for the Ladies Mini-Marathon.
- All players in the above age groups are urged to attend these training sessions in preparation for the upcoming county leagues.
- One of the tricky aspects of diagnosing food intolerance is that some people are sensitive not to the food itself but to a substance or ingredient used in the preparation of the food.
- One or two subject-matter experts, within the company, would continue the leader training process in preparation for upcoming cycles.
render_form_group(subsense).blank? span.form-groups = render_form_group(subsense)(arrangements)preparativospreparation for sth — preparativos para / de algo
- the Christmas preparations — los preparativos para / de Navidad
- to make preparations for sth — hacer preparativos para algo
- A lot of work has gone into the preparations for this event with months of work having been put in behind the scenes by the St. Anne's club who host the event.
- Critics at the discussion pointed to the preparations for the annual event, which they said lacked concept and were often poorly executed.
- For the city of Valencia, which paid £34.5m as part of its bid to stage the cup, these are early stages in its preparations for the main event.
- They would do well not to celebrate what may be a minor sideshow while preparations for the main event continue.
- Those preparations were disrupted by a recurrence of a left hand injury that had upset his preparations for the senior championships in December.
- Reacting to the momentum of events, Lenin, from hiding, ordered preparations for an armed insurrection.
- This week meetings are being held throughout the parish to make final preparations for the event.
- Prompted by the preparations for this event, two related articles were published in the Wall Street Journal.
- Katebe said preparations for the event were under way and his only hope is that Zambia should do well in the tournament.
- At the moment, the site is tracking preparations for the event and reflecting opinion from across the political spectrum.
- Plans and preparations for the wonderful event are currently underway in the historical townland.
- A meeting was held at city hall on Tuesday morning to discuss preparations for the annual sporting event.
- However, preparations for the event electrified Kelantan's residents and received wide coverage.
- The event is now one of the premier golfing tournaments in the country and as usual the County Sligo Golf Club is making final preparations for the event.
- He said preparations for the annual event had reached an advanced stage with a number of programmes being introduced for the first time.
1.3in preparation for
- the buildings had been cleaned in preparation for the visit — se habían limpiado los edificios como parte de los preparativos para la visita
- I baked all afternoon in preparation for the party — me pasé toda la tarde haciendo pasteles para la fiesta
- As well as recreational drugs, tests will cover prescription drugs, medicines and over-the-counter preparations.
- More palatable calcium and vitamin D preparations have been formulated.
- Throughout much of Turkey, wedding soup, a preparation of lamb meat with bone, egg, lemon juice, flour, butter, and red pepper, is served at wedding celebrations.
- Members of the British team were warned that medical preparations in North America sometimes contained different formulations.
- Some children are also intolerant to medicines such as antibiotics and iron preparations.
- Patients are instructed to avoid large pills and substitute liquid preparations or smaller tablets when possible.
- Ghrita preparations (medicated ghee) like Phala Sarpis can be taken from the first month of pregnancy.
- It is also time to delve into the efficacy of traditional foods and medicinal preparations for which India is known.
- It was heartening though to see the New Zealanders relishing spicy Indian preparations.
- Food preparations based on fruits and vegetables are completely exempt from excise duty.
- Chicken stew, beef curry and vegetarian preparations are served while hot.
- In Western medicine, a hormone preparation must be injected because of the concern for the change in its properties if it is passed through the digestive tract.
- Chakkota is also the name of a green leaf, widely used in food preparations in South Karnataka.
- He was not taking any other medications or preparations.
- The menu is different on each day with a right mix of variety of soups, noodles, side dishes and rice preparations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.