In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the end of our road, we have a private preparatory school.
- It is illogical that parents who spend tens of thousands of dollars per term to have their children attend preparatory schools should stop contributing at the secondary stage.
- After receiving language training in Beijing for six months the boy will attend a preparatory school in Germany for one year.
- After half a century in the ownership of one family, an independent preparatory school is being taken over by parents and friends, writes Education Reporter Jane Brown.
- The preparatory school claims to bring to the country an international concept in education.
- Pupils at a Ribble Valley preparatory school spent the day clowning around during the European Day of Languages.
- Others have a different structure - there are, for example, senior schools, junior schools and preparatory schools.
- If they attend international preparatory schools they can obtain intensive training in German as a second language.
- The preparatory school, which accepts day girls and boys from the age of three, has many special features that it is unusual to find available to younger pupils.
- He is, he says, slightly dyslexic, which first became apparent when as an eight-year-old he went to a boarding preparatory school.
- The preparatory school, which teaches boys and girls aged from three to 11 years, was founded in 1915 at numbers 45 and 47 Hatherley Road, almost next door to its present site.
- School 1, a private preparatory school with some boarding pupils, had extensive facilities and 9.0 hours a week of physical education in the curriculum.
- Learners from outlying regions were accommodated in hostels for five days to facilitate participation in the preparatory school.
- The preparatory school for children aged seven to 13, which attracts boarders from all over the North of England, began taking younger day pupils five years ago, and demand has grown.
- To win this prestigious competition, the Low Bentham-based school had to beat the top 64 preparatory schools in the country.
- Brian was therefore sent to a preparatory school on the south coast as a boarder.
- The preparatory school caters for girls and boys aged three to 11 after which pupils move up to the senior school.
colegio secundario privado
colegio primario privado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.