In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Patriotic organizations advocating military preparedness found new listeners.
- The rugby match was deadly serious, played out by two teams at a peak of preparedness, driven by uninhibited ambition.
- Now, certainly no one is advocating panic but they are advocating preparedness.
- People now accept that a minimum level of preparedness is crucial to tackle a military contingency.
- In fact, such was the party's level of preparedness, it was ready to go to the polls as early as January.
- And the reality is that building the kind of preparedness that we need is an ongoing process.
- A good level of preparedness can be achieved by spending time and money on a thorough business valuation.
- This was part of a half-yearly exercise to assess the level of preparedness of the agencies concerned in meeting an oil spill.
- The levels of preparedness, public awareness and education in this region are high and do save lives.
- Everything possible is being done to assure the highest level of safety preparedness.
- Goodwill, cooperation and preparedness to be open and accountable always achieve much better outcomes.
- The rains exposed the level of police preparedness to handle traffic during rain.
- Meanwhile the leadership's support of military preparedness discomfited pacifists.
- Will contractors have to agree to inspections that evaluate this same level of preparedness?
- My brother had expressed his doubts about our preparedness and readiness for this climb.
- If the Government is serious about disaster preparedness, it is going to have to start with the fundamentals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.