In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1preponderancia femininepredominio masculine
- By 1750 the Dutch Republic's decline was manifest and Britain had established its preponderance.
- This preponderance of Asians, particularly in the vast numbers of Japanese tourists the city attracts, has left its marks on the cuisine.
- This conclusion is supported by the great preponderance of informed commentary.
- The preponderance of data came from experiments with temperate and coniferous trees.
- The preponderance of the available evidence indicates there was no attack.
- The preponderance of the evidence is that the effect is statistical clustering, nothing more.
- His preponderance of strength allowed him to perform several offensive operations in near parallel.
- Their apparent preponderance may be due to the fact that they have been the most commonly used corticosteroids.
- The preponderance of studies support the connection between newspaper content and circulation.
- Science proceeds on preponderance of evidence, not on finality.
- The preponderance of shops nowadays is an unhappy sign of modern life.
- He also points to the troubling preponderance of women in teaching: there are now more women than men teaching in our secondary schools.
- The preponderance of scientific evidence supports the overriding similarities between men and women.
- The preponderance of Latin terms seemed to serve two purposes.
- He raised the possibility that this might have something to do with male preponderance at the very top of research science.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.