In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These responses are based on a sentimental view of nature, permissible in prepubescent girls, perhaps, but disturbing in anyone old enough to know better.
- And are there any really annoying prepubescent girls who have special powers?
- The most effective aspects of the film are the simpler ones - Bobby's interaction with his mother, who is unsuited to raising a child but trying nonetheless, and his tentative venture into prepubescent romance with Carol.
- The change is a steady one, a smoothly continuous development to the final prepubescent physique, rather than any passage through a series of separate stages.
- Camped in their son's room, I spent the night reading novels written for prepubescent boys, nodding off only after sunrise.
- Most of the women in this sample were prepubescent prior to treatment.
- Yet, based on your letter, it would seem that you started ballet training in your teens and your body is not naturally suited to the profession's prepubescent shape.
- And when he wasn't photographing prepubescent females, he spent as much time as he could socializing with them.
- And I'm probably going to regret saying this, but she's actually looking pretty good despite that prepubescent body.
- If the individual is a prepubescent or post-menopausal female the risk of pregnancy is quite low.
- His voice sounded something like a prepubescent teenager.
- This is a show aimed at prepubescent girls after all, we wouldn't want anything inappropriate.
- So, are the prepubescent girls who visit the site actually falling in love with red meat, when they catch their breath while reflecting on their own inherent self-worth?
- It's as if they want to specifically cater to the prepubescent girls (the ones that are gullible and dripping with their parents' money) and write songs just for their palate.
- Most people have given up having slumber parties with prepubescent children by the time they cease being prepubescent themselves.
- Within this story, these two prepubescent boys are scared at first by the presence of a cat, though they don't know what it is.
- Most evidence supporting the ban on prepubescent resistance training evolved from several early scientific reports.
- It is tempting to attribute this attitude to the desire to please a father figure, since Cruise's dad quit the family home during his boy's prepubescent years.
- In this paper, however, only prepubescent children are discussed.
- It sounded like a tone that would come out of a prepubescent teenager whose mother wouldn't let him skateboard on the lawn.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.