In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(en el trabajo) presentismo masculine
- The problem of rising absenteeism is well documented, but tough tactics being used to tackle the issue are leading to presenteeism.
- Whatever the shortcomings of current measurement tools and research, most people agree that presenteeism represents a problem for employers: When people don't feel good, they simply don't do their best work.
- They see what presenteeism has done to their parents.
- We will look at the rise of presenteeism as opposed to absenteeism.
- And with a UK work culture which values presenteeism and overtime, ambitious young men are left with little time to dangle their offspring on their knee.
- It's so difficult when on the way up, especially with the culture of presenteeism, guys that come in at 7am and go home at 9pm.
- For them, high job insecurity may increase the likelihood attending work while ill, a phenomenon known as sickness presenteeism.
- This, said Fitzgerald, helps to ensure that productivity won't be affected by the potential stress caused by presenteeism.
- The tyranny of presenteeism, together with an acceptance of being almost ‘on call’ for the institution prevents many women from happily embracing such a career path.
- Overly zealous employers can be guilty of promoting a culture of presenteeism by pressurising their staff to identify with their job roles to the exclusion of almost everything else in their lives.
- Flexible work, shared paternity and maternity leave, a collective disdain for pointless presenteeism, and accessible childcare would enable women and men to combine work and family life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.