In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1preprogramarprogramar (con anterioridad)
- It is preset so it goes to your local Member, and can also be sent to your Senators as well (although you have to tick a box to add this option).
- It may be better to keep the device's user interface simple by excluding a volume control and presetting the sound level.
- Most people seemed to have preset notions of communism, simply that it was horrible, and they weren't interested in moving far beyond that.
- For decades, birdwatchers have surveyed the United States by recording species in breeding season at specified stops along thousands of preset routes.
- See, my radio is preset to hear the words of wisdom from the self proclaimed ‘King of All Media,’ Mr. Howard Stern.
- All functions or values must be preset prior to this point.
- Another tip is to preset an additional burner to the lowest heat setting for the simmering phase.
- The Squid was a formidable weapon in the war against the U-boat, capable of being preset to explode at a pre-determined depth.
- This enables users to preset a favourite water temperature.
- A $20 programmable device lets you preset your heating and cooling systems when you're not home for as much as a 10 percent energy savings.
- Auto Preset enables users to preset the time, temperature, and water consumption of a shower.
- Allowable values can be preset to a valid range or to specific values as desired.
- You can print in 100 typefaces - even Japanese, if your computer is set up to handle that - and there are 36 preset phrases to click on for instant print.
- But much of the tension that director John MacKenzie might have generated out of this story, even if its ending was already preset, seems rendered flat.
- The portability of the system also makes it practical for use in remote locations at larger manufacturing facilities away from tool presetting areas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.