In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fashions/clothing) para preadolescentes(fashions/clothing) para niños de 9 a 12 añosthey have many preteen members — tienen muchos socios de entre 9 y 12 años
- That was all fine and dandy on a nice, gentle slope, but we were pre-teen speed demons.
- The microscooter, one of this Christmas's most-wanted pre-teen toys, is about to have its shiny aluminium image tarnished once again.
- The dress was a knee length halter, with no sleeves, but just enough elastic to hold it onto Amanda's pre-teen chest.
- And the storylines are clever enough that even viewers who aren't pre-teen girls can get hooked on the show.
- This type of behaviour will extend into the exuberantly fertile genteel, resulting in an explosion in demand for pre-teen notes of recognition.
- We get a boy who doesn't seem to have been programmed to understand the most basic pre-teen attitudes and activities.
- They know most people equate comics with pre-teen fantasies of laser beams bouncing off glacial pecs.
- It's rare to find one young actor this good, but to find a movie that features an ensemble of four pre-teen actors of such skill, well it's pretty amazing.
- So if you can survive moments of slow slapstick and pre-teen tantrums, you will really like the core of this film.
- I agree that passion and commitment are missing from the Scotland team, coupled with an inability to pass and receive a football, which our heroes and idols have been practising since pre-teen years.
- ‘The idea was to get a direct line into that pre-teen age group,’ admits Loraine.
- As long as networks keep pumping out edgy entertainment (if only by pre-teen standards,) who cares where they draw their inspiration?
- Only the cartoons and the latest talentless manufactured pre-teen pop phenomenon remain.
- Always the scholar and never the socialite, I adapted to pre-teen activities and the effervescence of wide-eyed, precocious little girls, much to my delight.
- There is nothing new in the issue of under age drinking but pre-teen drinking is a new phenomenon which is very worrying.
- So, we pressed play and fell into this glorious pre-teen memory of a perfect 80s democratic, utopian indie rock underground.
- There's the protective dad seated next to his still-innocent, pre-teen daughter.
- Look for at least one big pre-teen release in this slot in 2001.
- To be more specific, the target audience is pre-teen females.
- We set up the tent in the back yard and threw our four sleeping bags in before we spent the afternoon being pre-teen squirrels.
1preadolescente feminineniño masculineniña feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.