- Each amniocentesis carried a risk of miscarriage or preterm labour, and as some pregnancies needed several of these procedures the risk was not inconsequential.
- For example, preterm multiple birth can cause a sudden and unexpected increase in need for intensive care facilities.
- We propose that women should be informed of a small but significantly elevated risk of preterm birth and perinatal death when they conceive shortly after a birth.
- The purpose of the serial amniocentesis is to prevent preterm labor and thereby extend the pregnancy.
- It starts with the management of preterm labor and postdate pregnancies.
- Smoking during pregnancy has also been linked to preterm labor and other pregnancy complications.
- Chronically catheterized preterm fetal sheep respond to intravascular endotoxin with a tolerance type response.
- This is the best way to protect yourself and your baby against preterm labor and delivery.
- An excess of extremely preterm first births existed among women whose subsequent interpregnancy interval was 2-5 years.
- Doctors have known that preterm newborn boys fare more poorly than girls, but it's not been clear why.