In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(wind) preponderante(view/trend) imperante(view/trend) preponderante(uncertainty) reinantein the prevailing economic climate — en el actual clima económico
- It is obviously contrary to the prevailing mood throughout the country.
- Open source software is often portrayed as a breakthrough in the free and open exchange of intellectual property, without precedent in the prevailing global capitalist mentality.
- Wilson, like Attlee, nailed his colours to the prevailing exchange rate.
- Now the prevailing opinion is that, with few exceptions, NFL teams are well-stocked at the most critical position on offense.
- Rather, the original decision is a more accurate reflection of the attitudes prevailing in senior government circles.
- The other prevailing stereotype, that crack-using women are unfit mothers, was in a sense upheld by the women themselves.
- Return might be the hideous height of his prevailing good intentions.
- Critical opinion of his work has undergone the vicissitudes of prevailing tastes in art.
- In spite of prevailing opinion, the.32 S&amp[.;]W Long is not a toy.
- The prevailing culture is that you are not allowed to make a judgement.
- Certainly, the South's geographical advantages added to a prevailing sense of overconfidence that independence could be achieved easily.
- Her statement encapsulates the prevailing mood of optimism in this sprawling settlement.
- The prevailing view was that a survey should be conducted among the youth in the form of a questionnaire to establish what they wanted.
- Many of the major advances in the pulmonary circulation were led by mavericks, such as Forssman, Moser, and Petty, who pursued their passion against prevailing opinion.
- Among the patrons in theater lobbies each summer, the prevailing accent is (accents are) American.
- By poking holes, lots of holes, in the prevailing theories of today.
- Reciprocity has been the prevailing view for most of the nation's history.
- The problem is that the prevailing global sentiment has been against the idea of killing any more whales.
- Under the prevailing view, talented people can naturally expect greater income.
- Despite the three ATRs, there is a prevailing feeling that justice has not been done.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.