In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(action/measure) preventivopreventive medicine — medicina preventiva
1(measure)medida preventiva feminine
- He had a varied and successful career in public health, where a particular interest was preventive medicine.
- He took his discharge there and worked in a mission hospital, an experience that led him to take up preventive medicine.
- There are some important preventive measures that can be done to avoid a recurrent stroke.
- However, the efficacy of preventive therapy in this group has not been demonstrated.
- You will not become addicted to preventive medicines for asthma, even if you use them for many years.
- Soldiers must take preventive measures and be trained to detect signs of illness in colleagues.
- The effect of preventive measures on the incidence of ankle sprains.
- Since you have already been tested, ask your neurologist about preventive medication.
- Until recently there were only two kinds of medical activity: preventive and curative.
- Health authorities initiated preventive measures to prevent infectious diseases, if any.
- Are we sure that the balance sheet of preventive activity really offers more good than harm?
- Lord Justice May said the police were entitled to take preventive measures to avoid breaches of the peace.
- We are entering a new era in preventive medicine, which focuses on diet as a means to health.
- Once errors are recognised their causes must be analysed so that preventive measures can be applied.
- Wider community education is required as a primary preventive measure.
- However, there have been no clinical trials of preventive therapy in HIV positive children.
- Active tuberculosis must be excluded before beginning preventive therapy.
- In some countries, junior students provided preventive health care directly to underserved populations.
- As family physicians, we're supposed to be experts in the area of preventive medicine.
- The one area of food writing that remained substantially the same was that concerned with books addressing diet as preventive.
fármaco que protege contra una enfermedad
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.