In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(advance showing)preestreno masculineher latest play is now in previews — su última obra se ha estrenado para la crítica
- a preview of next year's fashions — un anticipo de la moda del año próximo
- before noun preview performance — función de preestreno
- The preview of the film held at Kerala Fine Arts Hall last week reflected this mood of celebration that the group had felt, with a few visuals from the shooting process being screened there.
- Since the first tickets went on sale a week ago, around 300,000 have already been sold, and many preview and opening week showings are already full up.
- Most members of the audience who saw a special preview of the film in Kochi on Tuesday came out of Sreedhar Theatre with the satisfaction of having seen a serious film.
- If the exhibition preview is anything to go by, her vivid, shimmering canvases are certainly worth exploring.
- Next week Dean is offering a special sneak preview of the film with screening in Nimbin and Lismore.
- There he was at the movie's first preview in a Dallas shopping center far from any salt water.
- Soon after a preview of the film here on Tuesday, the actress found time to interact with the media.
- Anyone interested in having a preview of the exhibition on Tuesday or Wednesday prior to the opening may do so by arrangement with the gallery.
- Early screenings suggested as much, or suggested trouble at least, as preview audiences found the film too dark and violent, all in all too un-Leo.
- He said after seeing a special preview of the exhibition: ‘It sent shivers down my spine.’
- For your information, the dates of the previews now begin March 31 with the opening day remaining May 12.
- But it was the very first public preview [of Amadeus] in London.
- Advance previews include the opening night film, The School of Rock, starring Jack Black, the Sundance favourite, Pieces of April, and Argentinean heart-warmer Valentin.
- Latvians who escaped persecution in their occupied country and set up home in Bradford have been given a special preview of a moving exhibition.
- Last night I spent almost all the money I had left in the troll bank to see an advanced preview of the Harry Potter movie, less than a week after the world premier and a week ahead of general release in the UK.
- On Thursday, at one end of the office there were several invitees to a film preview, while at another end, there was a stream of visitors wanting to register their names with the Association.
- Going into this preview, I didn't have high hopes for Shrek 2.
- After the preview, the exhibition will move to the London Air Gallery for a week.
- Nationwide ticket demand for weekend previews of the eagerly-awaited film were described as frantic by one cinema manager yesterday.
- Smiley attended a fundraising preview of the film before a professional racing crowd at the restaurant formerly owned by Seabiscuit jockey George Woolf.
2(trailer)trailer masculineavance masculinesinopsis feminine Southern Conecolas Argentina
- Many of the scenes had already been glimpsed in the excellent preview trailers.
- Beyond these commentaries are a handful of deleted scenes that couldn't have saved the film, a trailer of the film, and previews of other Sony releases.
- I hadn't seen any previews, read any publicity material, nor visited the IMDb to look at the entry.
- But there are interviews and a short making of featurette as well as previews of several titles in what is proving to be a great line of DVD's.
- The trailers and previews on this disc are for the VHS releases.
- The Man from Colorado is a barebones disc, featuring only a preview gallery of trailers that appear before the main menu.
- Other than the Godzilla trailers, we get previews for various anime. Why do they think Godzilla fans automatically like anime?
- Are you aware of Hollywood studios making previews and trailers of their big budget films available to cell phone users?
- Finally, disc one contains a Humphrey Bogart trailer gallery with previews of 12 of his films - good stuff.
- The only extra features included on The Harvest are some previews for other Columbia thriller/horror films.
- The original film easily made my Top 10 List of 2002, and the preview trailers had left me drooling like Pavlov's dog.
- And, of course, eight trailers and previews for other entertainments from Mickey and Company, six of which will smack you over the head before you even get to the menu selections if you fail to opt out.
- The trailers and previews on this disc, as well as on most of their discs, are for the VHS releases.
- The only extras on the disc are a trailer for Guns & Talks and a handful of previews for other live action ADV releases.
- The only extras on the disc are the standard clean opening and closing animations, as well as some previews for other anime titles from ADV.
- We have the standard character gallery and anime previews.
- Extra features include three anime previews and four needless character profiles.
- I've just watched a seven-minute kind of preview of it.
- A funny two-minute Total Request Live spoof and some previews finish the bonus features.
- Finally there are two theatrical trailers for the film, a few previews for other Fox releases, and some DVD-ROM content.
3(foretaste)anticipo masculineadelanto masculine
- I've been listening to some fantastic new music from my favourite songwriter, a sneak preview of his new album, and so that has brightened my mood considerably.
- Flaggy Lane production company could be heard rehearsing for their forthcoming epic production of Singing in the Rain as the guests at the launch were treated to a sneak preview.
- The party will also give the wartime buddies the opportunity to have a sneak preview of the Imperial War Museum North before it opens in July.
- Several leading designer brands gave a sneak preview of their upcoming collections in a show at the upscale IFC shopping mall in Central on Wednesday afternoon.
- Judging by the unbridled reaction to a sneak preview last Thursday night of the exciting new video and CD, Images of Carlow - it's sure to take the album charts by storm.
- Friday's first snapshots amounted to a sneak preview.
- The highlight of the night was when the band stepped off stage to let us view a sneak preview of a documentary on the legendary band Cream, who is reforming for a series of concerts this year.
- Come for a sneak preview on our initial findings!
- As a sneak preview, I offer a song that has been up on my site for quite a while (and will remain on the site for the foreseeable future).
- Montrealers get a sneak preview from Toronto choreographer Claudia Moore as she presents an excerpt from On Earth, a work that puts aspects of daily life on stage.
1(see in advance)asistir al preestreno de
2(give foretaste of)this week's films are previewed on page 18 — en la página 18 hay una reseña de las películas de esta semana
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.