In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guerra de precios feminine
- The company has been locked in a price war with other PC and computer manufacturers, which has eaten into its profits.
- Many expect the ongoing price war among mainland PC makers to continue until at least year end.
- The price war has also affected the prices of imported cars.
- They fear customers will switch carriers more often, triggering a price war.
- The company's move comes as personal computer prices continue to fall because of a price war in the sector.
- For now, the cheap financing is mostly helping the auto giant win a price war that its weakened rivals can ill afford.
- If you decide to build competitive advantage around price, be careful not to start a price war.
- A petrol price war broke out today with the big supermarkets leading the way in pushing the cost of a litre back below 80p.
- The prolonged price war is forcing rival carmakers to offer more creative come-ons.
- So far this year sales have plummeted in the auto market, with manufacturers involved in a price war amid a sharp decrease in demand.
- In addition to global oversupply, a vicious price war is being played out as global giants vie for market share.
- Supermarkets and filling stations launched the latest battle in the petrol price war yesterday with a new round of cost cuts at the pumps.
- Leading fuel companies last night joined the petrol price war unleashed by the major supermarket chains.
- Competition in the local game-console market is expected to heat up this summer as the big brands engage in a price war.
- The moves could spark a price war in a sector that has experienced rises in fees of around 30% over the past three years.
- At the same time, though, he's raising fears within the industry of a price war.
- With a price war currently raging, it remains to be seen exactly how low operators are prepared to push down prices and how long they will be maintained.
- A good few years back two of the big supermarkets went head to head on these items in a fierce price war.
- After a brutal price war in the late '90s, many have become more focused on the bottom line.
- Rather than compete in an unequal price war, the firms have found niche markets to supply and have invested in research and development.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.