In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1costo de producción masculinecoste de producción masculine Spain
- Clear criteria will be introduced for charging VAT for goods and services that are sold below their prime cost.
- The last two years saw a sharp price rise in fuels, which account for some 80 per cent of the prime cost of central heating.
- Indirect expenses were to be distributed over the various jobs as a percentage of wages paid or prime cost.
- According to Wright, the development of scientific costing systems in Britain can be traced back to the work of John Walker, who developed a system of allocating overheads based on prime costs.
- In a document called ‘Report for 1943 Renegotiation ’, Sperry called it company ‘policy’ to lower the prices of its products when manufacturing experience, reflected by reduced prime costs, was gained.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.