In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(paint)imprimación femininebase feminine
- The board walls have a layer of primer and a top layer of blue paint on which the stenciled designs were painted in green, red, black, and ocher, and then a layer of varnish was applied.
- Sand the areas until they are smooth and coat them with interior primer and let it dry completely.
- An oil-base primer or stain-blocking latex primer should be applied to the bare wood.
- This special primer for wall covering is available at any paint, wallpaper or home improvement store.
- Fungicides may be added to paint, primer or wallpaper paste to slow fungus growth on treated areas.
- Bare spackling on any wall repairs should always be covered with primer before paint or wall paper.
- Research shows that one coat of tinted primer and one coat of paint will give you a better paint job than two coats of paint.
- The zinc phosphate-coated bodyshell then gets a coat of primer which provides more corrosion protection, along with a good base for the colour coat itself.
- Oil based primer works best because the paint sticks to it.
- The primer and top coat should be compatible and preferably from the same manufacturer.
- Block-out primers prevent the old paint's color from bleeding through if the previous color is darker or brighter than the new.
- As a general rule, the sequence is primer and undercoat on the woodwork, followed by two coats of emulsion on the walls, then a careful top coat around the woodwork.
- Four coats of primer, two layers of drywall mud, three coats of paint, 108 hours of work, and some other miscellaneous steps later, the bathroom is complete.
- Paint each plate rail with primer and two coats of white enamel.
- First, encapsulate the peeling paint by applying a couple of coats of thick primer.
- Aluminum siding, however, has a baked enamel finish so it can be sanded or scuffed up, then primed with a special etching primer developed just for this purpose.
- While much of the Scylla still displays the remnants of the original Royal Navy grey paintwork, with patches of rust showing through, the railings have what looks like a fresh coat of silver primer.
- Taking a break from applying the paint to the shingles - a very smelly and unpleasant job - Graham has been sanding down the woodwork and applying a coat of primer.
- Use caulk to seal all the joints between the bathtub and the covered frame, and coat the wallboard or plywood with moisture resistant primer to seal it.
- Coated with layers of lacquer, primer, and polychrome, the portrait shows its age in pigment loss and cracks along the face and figure.
- When ignited by the primer, the igniter sends hot flaming gases around the charge to ignite the propellant.
- Lead is a key component in primers as well as bullets, and is responsible for holding together other chemicals that create the controlled explosion of the primer.
- The honest concern is about airborne lead ejected by the primer and bullet when a cartridge is fired.
- When a firing pin drops on a primer igniting the powder charge, the cartridge and cylinder move slightly forward.
- The case is designed for rifle primers, and small rifle primers are used even when loading for handguns.
- In a not-so-obvious way, the book and the journal serve as a preschool primer in anger-management therapy.
- For mural lovers, the book is a primer, rather a guide.
- Heavy metal is far too broad and complex a topic to cover in depth over the course of one film, but A Headbanger's Journey is an excellent primer on the subject.
- Nairne's introduction to the art market should serve as a primer for young artists and art historians to understand the institutional structures that control the art market.
- Leda Cosmides and John Tooby have produced an excellent primer on the subject so we will use that as a point of reference throughout this post.
- His strategy ended up paying huge dividends for StockMaster and can serve as a useful primer on capital-raising fundamentals for any company.
- Children used to learn to read from primers that showed pictures of things with their names underneath, to teach them what the written signifier meant.
- Michael Stacey has written a good primer on his subject.
- I've been for the last couple of years, looking at children's books, looking at primers that kids read in first grade and second grade, over this century.
- Despite its title, it is not intended to be either a textbook or a primer on specific debates among historians.
- For the uninitiated, the book is a good primer for those readers seeking an introduction to the work of this towering American intellectual.
- It's no substitute for a proper textbook on the subject, but it's a good primer.
- In sum, Guide to Space serves as an excellent primer for nonscientific readers.
- Read only as a biographical primer, Houdini's Box captures the arc of Houdini's life.
- For one thing, the division between empiricism and rationalism is not as neat as many philosophy primers would have you believe.
- Gaustad's work is unique in this regard and will serve as one of the best historical primers on the subject for years to come.
- Clearly written, reasonably comprehensive, and addressing contemporary issues this book could well serve as a stimulating primer on imperial history.
- This is perhaps the strongest section of the book, and serves as a great primer for beginning graduate students and non-specialists.
- Undeterred, Heavey flew to Senegal, reading an oil primer en route to learn the lingo.
- Regarding the bonus content, we are treated to a full length, scene-specific commentary by director Macer that is a textbook primer for first time filmmakers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.