In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(worker)tipógrafo masculinetipógrafa feminineimpresor masculineimpresora feminineprinter's error — error de imprenta masculine
- printer's ink — tinta de imprenta
- Their success brought so much business to the printers that they were unable to cope with the demand.
- We had the artist do the artwork way last summer and it was actually at the printer.
- When it was approved from Bangkok the Siamese Minister would return it to the printers and the new banknotes could be printed.
- He is named in the colophon as one of the publishers and Isaac is named on the title page as the printer.
- When the printer is not the artist, prints that are allocated to the printers are called printers ' proofs.
- The charity has issued guidance for designers and printers, including simply making print larger on labels or setting up helplines.
- Go buy a few shirts, take them to a printer, get them printed and sell em to your friends at cost.
- After a six-year apprenticeship with a firm of lithographic printers he moved to London in 1900.
- Mr Marshall told the court he was a commercial printer for 30 years before he retired.
- Even then it was published anonymously under the name of a printer that had long been out of business.
- Born in Derbyshire, Richardson settled in London and became a master printer.
- In those early days, the Pattaya Mail was actually printed in Bangkok as there were no local printers then able to handle the job.
- The company has even set up its own on-site academy offering training for end users, printers and students entering the industry.
- Submitting the finished layout to the printers, she was free to do anything she wanted for the weekend.
- As a result they have had to cease production of commercial work, and we had to find new printers.
- It required highly skilled carvers and printers to produce Takashi Ito prints.
- In the case of the newspapers, the persons with the technical skills as printers were amongst those persons assigned.
- Half a million copies of Yao's critical article were printed, the text being distributed by telegraph to provincial printers.
- The business premises in Grassington will not continue as a printer's.
- It was in Devon that co-founder John Bird trained as a printer and began to flourish as an astute businessman.
- Pollutant ozone can also be a by-product of the action of photo copiers and computer printers.
- It seems incredible that it took so long for printers to be built with the capacity to print on both sides of paper.
- Macmillan held his earpiece again as if hearing something new, and then turned to the printer just as it began to print.
- In terms of production, it uses industry-standard computer software and mainstream printers.
- Photos can also be printed on a compatible colour printer or saved to a memory card to share with friends.
- Compaq presaged its entry into digital imaging by introducing a multi-function printer and a scanner last summer.
- The routers are also used to connect computers with printers and other peripheral devices.
- Check if a printer will print on card, transparencies and other media that are essential to your needs.
- Consumables are the paper, toner, toner oil and electricity that printers burn up in their lifetime.
- You may find it helpful to talk to the shop where you bought your camera for advice on a compatible printer.
- These printers would allow small and large businesses to produce marketing materials in house.
- So no matter what kind of memory card you use, you can bypass the camera's cables and use your printer as your link to the computer.
- I had set up a computer and a printer for him, and got his secretary working on the computer.
- With this in mind, several of the printer companies have come out with printers that do prints on decent photographic paper.
- Sales of storage systems, laptops, servers, software and printers jumped as well.
- On the wall straight ahead of him was his computer setup with printer and fax machine.
- The package included a high spec computer with modem, printer, scanner and software.
- It lets the computers talk to each other and do things like command a printer to print something.
- The school is now seeking help to buy a projector, computers, laptops, printers and scanners to equip the new suite.
- Many high-end printers have their own built-in hard disks to store print jobs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.