In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The computer software generated detailed printouts regarding bone density and body composition.
- But the recount he refers to was a comparison between the data in the computer and the computer printout.
- Email, Internet, On-line Research, printouts and other computer services are available for a small fee.
- The manual is just a computer printout folded in half to form a book; there are not even any staples down the side.
- At his trial counsel for the appellant challenged the admissibility of evidence in the form of computer printouts of telephone conversations made from a hotel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.