In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1entrega de premios femininebefore noun prize-giving ceremony — ceremonia de entrega de premios feminine
- She was among 10 winners selected from 3,200 entrants and was invited to a prize-giving ceremony at the National Archives in Kew this month.
- The award will be presented during a prize-giving ceremony planned for November in Berlin.
- Doors open to the public at 1.00 pm and the prize-giving will take place at 1.30 pm.
- The actual prize-giving was done at breakneck speed.
- And last week he was in London at a star-studded prize-giving ceremony to collect his Excellence in Cities gong.
- And there was victory on the double for Colm as he also scooped the ‘Best Product’ award at the prize-giving.
- Tonight my son's school has their annual prize-giving awards ceremony.
- The Orange British Academy Film Awards is one of the most glamorous events in the prize-giving calendar and draws a list of top name guests.
- What happened to the boy wonder with the maroon jumper who barely knew how to celebrate, never mind deliver a speech at the prize-giving on the 18th green?
- At the annual prize-giving at the Congregational School it was stated that the eldest daughter, aged 20, had never missed Sunday school and never been late for 14 years.
- On July 26 the committee organised a prize-giving for those youngsters who had won medals for commendable sporting achievement during the festival's tennis and rugby competitions.
- After the prize-giving, the festivities begin again and the dancing goes on well into the next morning until hangovers, prudence and normal life kick in.
- Parents leaving a school prize-giving ceremony faced a sea of yellow tickets after traffic wardens swooped during the presentation.
- The winners will be announced in April at a prize-giving event at Earlsfield Library where the winning entries and some of the best runners-up will be put on display.
- The Institute of Marketing Management this year made several awards at its annual prize-giving function.
- The rest of the time prize-giving is really for the mums.
- Three of the teams finished equal first on 2/3 and members of all the winning teams received awards at the prize-giving ceremony.
- All the finishers are rewarded with a chance to win one of over 30 spot prizes in the numbers draw at the prize-giving.
- This is the first time Scotland has hosted the prize-giving in its 15-year history, and marks a shift in attitude from a time when London was considered the UK capital of literature.
- Traditionally the British Academy of Film and Television Arts has held its annual prize-giving after Hollywood's showpiece event.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.