In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ganador masculineganadora femininepremiado masculinepremiada feminine
- Livestock remains the nucleus of the event, with many animals already prizewinners from other top shows.
- This is not to deny the efforts of the prizewinners.
- For who, she points out, ever remembers anything about the Booker prizewinner other than the fact that he was once a bus driver - thanks to marketing hype and media stereotyping.
- She has created a new blue cheese from the milk of the buffalo at Northallerton which she hopes will be a prizewinner at the British Cheese Awards, held in London next month.
- Organisers plan to make this year extra special by making the dreams of the prizewinners come true, rather than giving out prescribed prizes.
- The money was used for the prizewinners in the Champion of Champs category for large stock - male and female.
- The welcome news was broken to prizewinners of last year's Tour de Tendring, which attracted 900 riders.
- The prizewinners won art sets and all the schools were given prizes.
- This is a laurel from a new bush, but certainly a prizewinner.
- Last year he was a prizewinner in the Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow.
- He was a prizewinner in 1988 at the Leipzig International Bach Competition in Spain, also receiving the special virtuoso prize for the most outstanding performance of the event.
- My absolute favourite children's book of this year was a runner-up prizewinner in the Scottish Arts Council Book Awards.
- At this time of the year, many of our would-be prizewinners should be in peak form.
- The prizewinners would come on, there'd be nothing to ask them, and they'd go off again.
- The shortlist of around six writers will be announced on April 27, and the prizewinner will be honoured at an award ceremony on June 8.
- The first, second and third prizewinners in the fancy dress competition will receive a copy of the first four Harry Potter books.
- Lists of prizewinners are posted around the hospital.
- When I saw it first at Venice last year, where it was a deserved prizewinner, the effect was spoiled by - of all things - the showing of the reels in the wrong order.
- Hmm, is this the same Oscars which warned last year that prizewinners would have the band turned on them if they made anti-war statements?
- Although they did not win medals this year, leading Irish designers have been regular prizewinners at Chelsea.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.