In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1USde profesionales y amateurs
- Club professionals and leading amateurs across North Yorkshire will strive to thrive in Europe's biggest pro-am tournament next week.
- In 1990, Jamie kicked the pro-am craze into full gear by co-producing ‘Dirty Debutantes’ with Ed Powers.
- The duo cruised to victory in the Lombard Trophy - Europe's biggest pro-am tournament - at the fêted San Lorenzo course.
- The fifth JJGF Open Golf Championship will kick off on May 10 with the pro-am tournament proceeding it one day earlier at the Jagorawi Golf and Country Club in Bogor.
- He was the one who first spotted his young son's snooker potential and took him round the country to play in pro-am tournaments.
- Forty-four professionals had not completed their rounds at Kingsbarns, the third layout being used for this pro-am event where 156 pros are each playing with amateurs, many of them celebrities.
- In May 1990, he and some buddies were at a pro-am party in Maine.
- Saturday will offer fans a chance to bowl with the pros in pro-am events at the host center, as well as satellite centers in the area.
- George has been a member of Mission Hills for some time, and he regularly plays in the pro-am tournament held the same week in March as the LPGA event now known as the Nabisco Championship.
- Both White and Higgins were playing in a pro-am tournament in Kilkenny, in Ireland, at the end of last week and they met in the second round, White winning 3-2.
- At the end of an intensive training period, they will take part in a pro-am match played in front of thousands of spectators, held immediately before the Festival Cup in Perth.
- The big moneymaker for the house is the pro-am tournament.
- It was confirmed yesterday that a new pro-am tournament, still under Dunhill's patronage, will replace the Cup next October.
- The Greater San Diego Open drew more than 400 amateur bowlers for the pro-am competition, a tribute to DeLuca and the PWBA.
- I loved the pros' stories about their pro-am experiences with their amateur partners.
- Players and their amateur partners in this pro-am event play a round each at Carnoustie, St Andrews and Kingsbarns over the first three days, with a cut coming ahead of the final round on the Old Course on Sunday.
- It was the fifth time in six years that the destination of the Lombard Trophy, Europe's biggest pro-am tournament, was settled by a sudden-death play-off at the San Lorenzo course on Portugal's Algarve.
- And the whole idea of bringing the pro-am golf tournament to Rancho Santa Fe was to promote the racetrack.
- In a series of pro-am events in the north of England he won six times and was an astonishing 96 under par for the month.
- It was at the Hong Kong Open, during the customary pro-am dinner, when the organisers encouraged me and four other golfers to start dancing on stage with two carnival girls.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.