In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Even some members of the pro-life movement found the organisation's behaviour disturbing.
- Abortion clinics opened and did a thriving business, even in the face of much pro-life mayhem.
- His comments are likely to stir opposition from pro-life groups, who say it is unethical to create an unborn child for research.
- In refusing to deal with these questions, feminism has become an ally of the pro-life movement.
- Roberts is a devout Catholic and is married to an ardent pro-life activist.
- I believe what accounts for this is the purity of the pro-life movement's cause.
- If pro-life activists get their way and abortion is once again made illegal, my life along with many others could be ruined.
- I don't think it was pro-life propaganda, but I do believe that it could be easily used by pro-life propagandists.
- It continues to amaze me how the same organizations that are pro-life are maddeningly pro-capital punishment.
- The pro-life movement does not hide behind deceptive language but rather sheds light on the truth.
- Therapeutic cloning is backed by medical charities and the government but opposed by pro-life groups.
- The pro-life movement will inform the European Union of anything which we do not think is ethical.
- Their opposition to a pro-life referendum in the Republic displays this.
- This problem of the efficacy of natural law is strategically important to the pro-life movement.
- My parents have been involved in the pro-life movement for decades.
- During the 1980s a militant wing of the pro-life movement had attempted to close clinics by direct action.
- I would not argue for the pro-life position based on this, because you don't know.
- Over the last six months, I have had numerous conversations with pro-life democrats.
- The support of violence is not compatible with being in the pro-life movement.
- When extremist pro-life individuals and groups burn down abortion clinics, is that not an act of terrorism?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.