In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(likelihood)probabilidad femininethere is little probability that she'll come / of her coming — es poco probable que venga
- what are the probabilities for a Democratic victory? — ¿qué probabilidades hay de una victoria democrática?
- For these reasons he also believes that the depression would have on the balance of probability been likely to occur in any case, although later.
- This holds provided that the initial probability of the hypothesis in relation to the background knowledge or belief is not zero.
- Simply put, the larger the number of plays, the more likely that the fixed probability will catch up with the player.
- He said, ‘In probability it would have happened, so you did it’, and that was it.
- In terms of probability, the chance of recombination increases with increase in length of the chromosome arm.
- As in most of genetics, breeding good hips is largely a matter of chance, or probability.
- He then shows how belief arises with both chance and probability.
- This step examines each hazard in terms of probability and severity to determine what the level of risk is when you're exposed to the hazard.
- The probability of that happening is probably somewhat lower than a conventional attack.
- It's all in the hands of fate and probability, which our very educational maths classes taught us how to calculate.
- They will continue to kidnap because probability shows that the chance of being caught and prosecuted in Trinidad is slim.
- The probability of this convergence happening by chance tends to zero as the number of experimental procedures increases.
- Not only that but it has the same probability of happening as you buying two winning lottery tickets in one week.
- It is a known and foreseeable hazard and has high probability.
- The probability of transformation is framed entirely in terms of the quality of the commodity.
- By the same laws of probability, the chances that a random bus will spontaneously explode for no reason are slim to none.
- The laws of probability say it cannot happen but Maine Road is still too fresh in the minds of Minstermen everywhere for it to be ignored just yet.
- It shows the extent to which this probability would increase with lower, and decrease with higher, screening costs.
- He agreed with the coroner that on the balance of probability it was likely someone else had been in the graveyard when the stone fell on Adam.
- The judge was entitled to conclude that the patentees had lost a chance of making sales to those buyers - no doubt a chance of differing probability in each case.
- This provides increasing probability of recombination and hence increased mapping resolution.
- I resonate with your point that probability balances out luck as more games are played.
- In the field of mathematics he worked on probability, recurring decimals and the theory of equations.
- Among seven people, there is about a 60 percent probability that two will have birthdays within a week of each other.
- An event which will definitely occur has probability 1, and everything else is somewhere in between.
- When there are twice as many attackers as defenders, the winning probability exceeds 80 percent.
- The probability of an event is the ratio of the favorable outcomes to the possible outcomes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.