In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1asistente social que se ocupa del seguimiento de la persona en libertad condicional
- With a degree in political science and criminology, he became a probation officer in Florida.
- The accused testified that she worked well with her probation officer.
- She was found guilty and the case was postponed to September 11 for a probation officer's report and sentencing.
- The suggestion by the probation officer should have been disregarded, as there is no basis for that opinion from a non-expert.
- It seems stupid to me to miss an appointment with your probation officer if that's going to land you in jail.
- When the writings were found by his parents, they turned them in to his probation officer and he was arrested.
- In 1974, his wife complained to a probation officer of X's conduct; he was arrested and taken back to the same hospital.
- Treatment was usually imposed as a condition of supervision by a judge or the probation officer.
- In a bid to kick the habit, he missed appointments with his probation officer knowing he would be sent back to jail where he could get the help he needed.
- It is noted that both the probation officer and the debtor are professionally part of the criminal justice system.
- Neither probation officer recommends release on parole and the panel agreed with this assessment.
- At the time he saw the probation officer the appellant was still seeking to suggest that the victim was a consenting party.
- Disciplinary action was taken immediately and the probation officer was informed.
- The probation officer reports for your current review, that there is nothing in your attitude or circumstances that leads her to feel that anything has changed.
- He said that in his last visit with his probation officer she had said that he didn't need to come back.
- He admitted his involvement on his second visit to his probation officer and thereafter failed to receive a visit from his supervising officer.
- He is also banned from several council offices except when he is accompanied by his probation officer or an official from Shelter charity for the homeless.
- The probation officer provided a report to the Parole Board.
- We do not want a sex offender to be allowed out on supervision undertaken by a probation officer during the term of his or her imprisonment.
- Offenders supervised at these levels were required to meet with their probation officer at least once a month.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.