In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Thus, the problematic nature of eyewitness reports was explicitly acknowledged by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- That said, no study of crime can ignore recorded criminal statistics, if only to highlight their partial and problematic nature.
- Like people who hoard possessions, animal hoarders often lack insight into the problematic nature of their behavior.
- Changes to the Constitution have proved somewhat problematic in the past.
- The problematic software programme controls the town centre traffic lights in connection with recently installed sensors.
- Her analysis captures the problematic nature of the self in late modernity and presents it in stark and provocative relief.
- Although they have the choice of return, it would be a more problematic and difficult move than for British immigrants.
- One of the most controversial and problematic aspects of globalisation is the homogenisation that tends to accompany it.
- He was a pioneer in designing programmes for captive elephant care, and in the capture and control of problematic animals.
- This was a show that presented the problematic areas of representation of people outside of one's socio-political group.
- And because of the problematic nature of this general metaphysics, the strategy of this discussion will have to be somewhat different.
- It will do well to escape the controversy of its problematic production, which has raised questions about the scrutiny afforded to public funding of film in Scotland.
- Poverty is presented as an issue of problematic behaviour and low self-esteem, rather than of not having enough money.
- Blurring the distinction between slave and free makes more complicated and problematic the nature of legal status.
- The problematic nature of the concepts ‘Art Brut’ or ‘Outsider Art’ is once more exposed by a case such as his.
- In reality, the moral implications in such a world are no more problematic or complex than they are in the current one.
- As it is in the witness cases that the courts have most directly confronted the problematic nature of psychiatric illness claims, it is with those cases that we begin.
- It seems to be solid enough, but it is problematic and tricky, you're never as sure of it as you'd like to be.
- The problematic nature of these terms has been discussed at length elsewhere.
- Perhaps the most problematic aspect of contemporary nature photography is what is not in the frame.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.