In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the proceeds — lo recaudado
- he sold the house and went to Jamaica on the proceeds — vendió la casa y con lo que sacó se fue a Jamaica
- The proceeds raised at the event will go to the Kerry Hospice Foundation, a very worthy cause.
- As this is a charitable event, proceeds will be donated to the Alberta Children's Hospital and a student scholarship fund.
- The proceeds from this event will go towards the ‘Concern Challenge In the Andes’ in which Sheila will be taking part next month.
- This year the proceeds from the prestigious event will go to the West of Ireland Alzheimer Foundation.
- While the final financial report of the world championships is not yet available, the meeting was told that the proceeds from the event will help establish an MCA Capital Fund.
- This was the second year of the event and all proceeds went to the charity Bothair.
- Inundated with cash donations and the proceeds from fantastic fundraising events, we have gone on to raise a whopping £16,000 in just three months.
- Please support this charity event as all the proceeds will go to the organisation.
- The total cost of the project is estimated at 100,000 euros, this will be raised by donations from the people of Carlow and from the proceeds of fundraising events.
- Promising fun and attractive prizes for the winners, the hostesses say that part of the proceeds of the event go to old age homes and to animal welfare organisations.
- As the beneficiary charity selected by the Mayo Rose of Tralee committee, they will receive a cheque for €1377.00 from the proceeds of the event.
- A man dressed as Batman during a Children in Need charity fundraiser foiled an attempt by thieves to make off with event proceeds.
- As in all the events all proceeds will go to the parishes.
- The campaign was as simple as organising events, with proceeds going to the club's coffers, and bucket collections around the ground on matchdays.
- Virgo Event Management plans to observe World AIDS Day in association with Rotary Clubs and hand over the proceeds of the event to Hope Foundation.
- This is a charity event, with the proceeds going to the Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation.
- The £3,000 proceeds from December's event were handed over on Saturday at the air ambulance base at Leeds-Bradford Airport.
- All the money is suspected to be related to the proceeds of criminal activity.
- All proceeds of the event went to Newry Hospice.
- This is a singles event and all proceeds will go to Croí and Mayo Cancer Support Group.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.