In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1responsabilidad civil (del fabricante) feminine
- Some argue that the cost of insuring against product liability might stifle software innovation.
- Until the mid-1990s, product liability lawsuits nearly wiped out the general aviation industry, and manufacturers such as Cessna stopped making planes.
- Some, like Ford, Firestone, Grace, and Dow Corning, have faced an onslaught of product liability litigation.
- What's more, product liability rules for gun manufacturers end up regulating not just what's done within a state, but also what's done in other states.
- AB is a solicitor practising in pharmaceutical product liability and clinical negligence.
- They have a concept of negligence, just as we do, and they even have a concept of strict product liability, just like us.
- The sword of Damocles in this push is legislation that would subject software vendors to product liability claims.
- Potential customers may be concerned that an L.L.C. doesn't have to stand behind its product because its product liability is limited by law.
- Under these laws, one may sue for nuisance, trespass, negligence, strict liability or product liability.
- In the last year, five state legislatures have, at the prodding of tobacco companies, passed laws that limit the sums businesses have to post as bonds when they lose product liability cases.
- Faster problem detection would greatly reduce warranty and product liability costs.
- But we all that in this age of product liability, no manufacturer can afford to use anything other than first-quality materials.
- Major issues are warranty and product liability and what happens when Camaro production ceases in 2002.
- It is consumerist, certainly, but doesn't look likely to test the broader issues of product liability and ‘fit for purpose’ on the products of the software industry.
- Today's environment is not receptive to covering up defects, settling product liability lawsuits with no-disclosure provisions, or pointing the finger at someone else.
- The American Bar Association is seriously considering new pay rules that could discourage litigation ranging from sexual harassment to product liability.
- In the past, end users have had limited legal options, since product liability laws currently protect software vendors, but this may soon end, Hurwitz believes.
- Depending upon the types of merchandise sold on the website, these issues may include product liability, tax and related third-party claims.
- When it comes to product liability, corporate America has a code of omertà Tony Soprano would envy.
- If a hospital or clinic were deemed a seller of a product, it would have product liability exposure under the strict liability, breach of warranty, and negligence theories.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.