In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cadena de fabricación femininecadena de producción femininethe new model came off the production line in March — el último modelo salió en marzo
- before noun production-line goods — artículos fabricados en serie
- As soon as a new model rolls off the production line our mechanics have to know how to maintain it.
- Toyota makes vehicles with different features, adapting to each one on the production line.
- The moment the bottle is formed, it passes over the water pump and joins the production line.
- They're inspiring mentors for new staff, and they jump onto the production line at peak times.
- As far as they were concerned, meat was created in a factory and came off a production line in plastic wrappers.
- It owned no equipment and leased a single production line at a Moscow food processing plant.
- For the past forty-five years he's held down a job assembling TVs and radios on a factory production line.
- Marie had worked on a factory production line before she became unemployed.
- The Leon is the first car to leave the production line since this decision was taken.
- But even as a young production-line worker, Webb showed a knack for getting people to buy into her ideas.
- The production line in his sportswear factory is humming away in the background, churning out the latest in handball kit.
- Workers are not only encouraged to suggest improvements, they can stop the production line if they are not satisfied with quality.
- How were the meat processors at Premium Standard able to change the game on the production line?
- The new production line will have die casting, machining and assembly operations.
- The fish is also of a higher value as it is frozen the moment it comes off the production line.
- Kathindi stopped to chat to each worker, most of them women, along the production line.
- The first Focus models off the production line will be hatchbacks, which are by far the biggest sellers across Europe.
- Scotland On Sunday art critic Iain Gale was less enthused, likening it to a show room for a factory production line.
- On any one shift 30,000 gas cartridges can be produced, on a production line employing seven people.
- This particular advertisement promised a job and handsome wages at a production-line factory in our area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.