In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1profe masculine informal
- I didn't sleep much Sunday night, and barely heard a word the prof said in my first class the next day.
- For the pittance they're paid, adjunct profs at our colleges might as well be sweatshop workers.
- During those bright college years I also noticed that profs tended to reward students for going out on a limb.
- In Yale's defense, almost all the philosophy profs who taught me were terrific and inspiring; two of them are even still at Yale…
- It was only 30 years ago that university profs could refuse to teach women and I'm glad we've all moved on since then.
- There was a college prof from Delaware that wrote a gut-splitting funny column on affirmative action.
- The fracas between Harvard's new president and its top Afro-American studies profs highlights black academia's fixation on victimhood and double standards.
- I would give an arm to go back and hear some lectures by certain profs.
- Polls show that college students are far to the right of their glassy-eyed profs, and next year large numbers of young adults will vote for our suave President.
- Many students and profs would choose smaller classes with fewer students receiving higher education.
- It wasn't a bad program; with full profs as teachers, I read a lot and learned a lot.
- If I recall correctly, Professor Kennedy was a visiting prof at Stanford Law School some years after I graduated.
- Also, in many classes, the prof isn't even really teaching anymore.
- Priests, nuns, American Life League, students, profs, staff, and good Catholics (including some steel workers) all came to protest and boo.
- This prof is the Chair of my Qualifying Exam committee and I was worried about how this would effect my exam.
- Two days later, the prof returned the transcribed lecture, with just a brief note appended.
- She had just decided that she didn't want to drown in academia and become a prof, nor was her second choice of being a short-story author palatable.
- If you look at the list of most-cited law profs, only about 10% of the profs on the list generally would be considered politically right-of-center.
- Towards the end of his career, Murrow was told by an eminent professor of English that the prof had identified the secret of Murrow's success.
- The Intercollegiate Studies Institute publishes a helpful college guide that can direct students away from the PC profs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.