In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in soccer)falta profesional feminine
- There was only one possible outcome for the clearest professional foul we have seen so far this season.
- Commentators excuse the action by calling it a professional foul, but the reality is that if the rules of the game are broken it is a foul and should be suitably punished.
- Wiley deliberated long and hard, consulting his assistant to heighten the drama, but as professional fouls go it was as clear-cut as they come.
- Whyte, indeed, was red-carded for a professional foul on Shearer at Ewood Park in this campaign.
- All they got from this was a penalty, when a penalty try would have been more appropriate for such a deliberate professional foul.
- Rosen Kirilov gets booked for a professional foul on Freddie Ljungberg.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.