In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(qualities of professional)profesionalidad feminineseriedad feminine
- He says plenty of people want to run down the professionalism and achievements of English teachers and pupils.
- In all those times I have never had reason to complain about the professionalism and attitude of the staff.
- I wanted to rant about the professionalism of its players and their evident love for the game.
- The look of your sign and posters reflects the professionalism of your business.
- The program surprised with the quality of its stories and the professionalism of the production.
- It did so through innovative management and the professionalism of staff.
- His personality, his professionalism and attitude gave Swedish players a good reputation here.
- I was very impressed with the programmes that it ran, and with the professionalism of those involved.
- This is definitely a production worth seeing, not least due to the professionalism with which it is executed.
- I pay unreserved tribute to the professionalism and dedication of our brave servicemen and women.
- Keeping their patience is also part of the professionalism of police officers.
- I think to question the professionalism of any player is a big thing.
- Once professionalism started and the top players left the club the numbers participating and watching dropped.
- In these heady days of professionalism, enjoying your sport and respecting your opposition are all too rare.
- And closer to home again, indeed, at home, the era of professionalism in sport is upon us.
- Where professionalism is all about opportunities for some players, for others it's all about problems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.