1.1(side view)perfil masculinein profile — de perfil
- The side skirt profiles of the Haddonfield tables all rise in the center whereas this one drops.
- I came out of the shower not too long ago and looked at my side profile in the mirror.
- The guy turned slightly and Rika managed to catch his side profile.
- I was speechless as I stared at the side profile of his face.
- Lynn was wearing too much makeup, like always, and her side profile made her nose look like it protruded too far out from the rest of her face.
- Germany's Bild newspaper accused Mercedes of copying its Munich-based rival and published pictures of the two cars' interiors, tails and side profiles, asking readers to spot the difference.
- I have been told that my side profile is less rotund.
- Once he had finished dressing he stood in front of the mirror and smiled proudly at his side profile.
- She studied herself from the front, then turned to the side and inspected her profile.
- It turns heads with its front, side and rear profiles.
1.2(outline)perfil masculinecontorno masculine
2(description)perfil masculine(written) reseña feminineprofiles of several young authors — reseñas sobre varios escritores jóvenes feminine
- an accurate consumer profile — un perfil fiable del consumidor tipo
- psychological/DNA profile — perfil psicológico/del AND
- Live Wire also contains backstage stories and profiles, including an article on Jon Marans as background for Old Wicked Songs.
- I was reading this Guardian article on customer profiles of supermarket shoppers, and it got me thinking about my own habits.
- His most recent feature article was a profile of Elaine Pagels in the November 2004 issue.
- He wrote a short profile on each member of the panel that was on board the plane that evening.
- There'll be at least an extra column every Thursday on our website, where track descriptions, driver profiles and results also will be found.
- The idea is simple: 99 people, products, services or organizations that are remarkable, each with a short profile.
- Even for the short profiles of the individual Pacific Islands nations and territories, not one of the authors is an indigenous Pacific Islander.
- The Guardian also has a short profile, with some links to other articles…
- The other article was a profile on noted Minneapolis artist Armajani and his newest exhibit.
- He also slides in short profiles of the key players, including Turner's nemesis Gerald Levin, who was then CEO of the new Time Warner AOL.
3(status)to raise the profile of educational matters — dar más relieve a las cuestiones relativas a la enseñanza
- the army had a high profile in national life — el ejército tenía un papel preponderante / ocupaba un lugar destacado en la vida del país
- to keep a low profile — tratar de pasar desapercibido / de no llamar la atención
1(situation) hacer un esbozo deto profile sb's life — hacer una reseña biográfica de algn
- the designer will be profiled in our next issue — el próximo número incluye una nota / reseña sobre el diseñador
- Following in the footsteps of bloggers much bigger and better than myself, I am profiled in today's edition of Norm's weekly foray into the minds of men.
- Years ago I profiled him, prompting a complaint that I had described him as middle-class, since his father was a doctor.
- His own personal high point was profiling George VI for BBC2's Reputations - although the Thatcher series gained him most attention.
- Time magazine profiled her among 100 of the world's leaders.
- A sharp female journalist has profiled him as a misanthropic failure, not a truth-seeker but a preacher, his life shaped by a rivalry with God that has destroyed his family and friendships.
- I intend to write an article profiling Chris Raab, co-star of the MTV reality show Jackass and most recently Viva La Bam.
- I understand the primary focus of the article was to profile the artist and not to discuss a political situation in a third-world country.
- We started profiling him here on ‘America's Most Wanted.’
- He was profiled in Los Angeles Magazine a couple of years ago in an article entitled ‘Is this the Most Hated Man in Hollywood?’
- The article profiled Charles River Laboratories and gave the impression that the company is increasing its efforts at developing and marketing nonanimal tests.