In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Business(company/crop/investment) rentable(company/investment/crop) redituable formal(company/investment/crop) lucrativosportswear is very profitable — la ropa de deporte deja un buen beneficio / margen
- Another fact is that currency exchange is a profitable business because there is demand.
- Noor said that she was merely taking advantage of a potentially profitable situation.
- Jobs, business, investment, services and tourism all follow from profitable farming.
- It was a familiar setting and they were both looking forward to renewing a profitable business partnership.
- It has approached the game as a conduit for ideas, not merely the basis of a profitable industry.
- Who is there to run this vastly profitable business that has had every rule rewritten to serve its interests?
- There is always pressure to obtain business, but sales have to be profitable to achieve business success.
- Intel has been doing this kind of thing for years, and in the past has built quite a profitable business out of it.
- The enormous rise in premiums has made an unprofitable business profitable again.
- This paper prompted useful discussion, though the main discussion session was less profitable.
- They expect to run the museum as a profitable business, at least in the summer.
- Cultural solutions are more valuable and profitable than technological solutions.
- We follow him as he tries to turn this dream into reality, and turn the farm into a profitable business.
- None of these books or reports suggest to me that publishing is a highly profitable business.
- It is important, if it is to persist, that blogging should be a moderately profitable activity.
- Handsome buildings, profitable businesses and community focal points are being lost.
- Merchants and financiers soon realized that investing in science could be a profitable business.
- He added that the government had already allowed private firms to cherry-pick profitable work.
- The city's latest ranking as the top dog number one place in Britain to do profitable business testifies to that.
- This is so they can continually reinvest money into more profitable projects.
- This has become a profitable business for a few, and an effortless one for that.
- Farming is still profitable in spite of a sharp increase in the prices of agricultural inputs.
- It's just not enough to ensure that a business is as profitable as possible for its shareholders.
2(journey/day) provechoso(journey/day) fructífero
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.