In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1progenie feminine formal
- Plants for mutagenesis were the progeny of one pair of plants from this inbred population.
- The critical question is: How can plants determine the vigour of their progeny?
- The definitions are more relevant to plants, since our phenotyped progenies may commonly be as far as six or seven generations from their parents.
- To some extent, plants may target dispersal of progeny toward favorable habitats.
- While performing this experiment, we discovered almost a hundred sources of male sterile cytoplasm, which were distinguished by their overwhelming frequency of male sterile plants in segregating test progenies.
- A clustered mutation means that two or more progeny of a family inherit the same mutation.
- When poor people lose any hope for their future, the only hope left will be invested in their progeny.
- What fate befell their progeny in the flood remains to be seen.
- How many fathers get thrown in jail for failing to ensure that their progeny attend school regularly?
- The owner can also look forward to years of income from stud fees, at least until it is discovered whether the progeny can run as well as the father.
- Plants resistant to the selective antibiotic were propagated and the progeny was selected twice.
- They will know that the progeny of these dogs is absolutely genuine and that there is no falsifying of records.
- It is clear that the measure of damages arises from the animal itself, not from its future progeny.
- The progeny are usually sold as registered lambs or yearlings of both sexes.
- The entire progeny issued from a cross on a petri dish was recovered on its lid.
- Among these viable progenies, plants with 28 chromosomes (13 ring bivalent + 1 rod bivalent) were identified.
- Mr Kelly said that of particular interest for the visitors to the farm were the first time calvers and their progeny.
- Chromosome counting was carried out on the 16 aberrant plants of the 1999 progeny.
- These heifers guarantee high quality progeny that will grade well and will be sought after by the marketplace.
- He has since made his presence felt by producing quality, easy calving progeny.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.