In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Low-grade central osteosarcoma has a very good longterm prognosis.
- Complications, including spontaneous bacterial peritonitis and renal insufficiency, further worsen the prognosis.
- Syncope is a relatively common problem with a favorable prognosis in most patients.
- The prognosis depends on the cause and the severity of the neurologic deficit.
- The presence of spinal cord lesions or atrophy also suggests a poor prognosis.
- The factors that determine prognosis and evolution of the disease are poorly understood.
- The prognosis is poor for patients treated with surgery or radiation therapy alone.
- Microarray analysis is already being used to predict the prognosis of patients with certain types of cancer.
- Tests for autoantibodies can be used to assist in determining the prognosis of this disease.
- By reducing stress, it might improve the prognosis of the disease.
- According to the doctors, her longterm prognosis is not good.
- Ventricular tachycardia carries a serious adverse prognosis, particularly in the presence of coronary artery disease and impaired ventricular function.
- The development of malignant pleural effusion frequently heralds a poor prognosis.
- Follow up is needed to see if the children's poor prognosis is improved and criminality prevented.
- Once clinical cardiovascular disease develops, these patients have a poorer prognosis than normoglycemic patients.
- Advanced liver failure carries a poor prognosis, and its prevalence may be reflected by mortality statistics in the form of death certifications for liver disease.
- Early intervention is important because the long term prognosis depends on the duration of medication overuse.
- Despite the availability of valid chemotherapeutic regimens, the prognosis remains poor.
- He suffered many medical complications and his prognosis was poor.
- We previously reported that young patients had relatively more advanced disease and a poorer prognosis than older patients.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.