In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Again, rockets and cannon projectiles present a complementary mix to the family of fires.
- Ammunition stocks disappeared as artillery fired projectiles far in excess of prewar projections.
- ‘These guns can be converted to fire projectiles so anything that makes it more difficult for guns to be used in this way is good,’ he said.
- For the first time, interchangeable and multiple barrels can be made available to fire a range of projectiles of varying calibers from the same handgun.
- From the 300 projectiles which NATO has fired so far, only four have hit something of substance.
- They were in reality projectiles ultimately fired by the US navy.
- They will fire projectiles back and the longer you take to disable the defenses, the lesser of an army you'll have at your disposal to rush the remaining defenders.
- The Shmel, classified as a flamethrower, fires rocket-propelled projectiles.
- Warfare is the next step with the powers of hot gas being harnessed to fire projectiles from cannons or small arms.
- As a result, their danger potential is extremely low, even compared to regular airguns firing metallic projectiles.
- The soldiers firing the projectiles were his heroes.
- Robins also invented the ballistic pendulum which allowed precise measurements of the velocity of projectiles fired from guns.
- Autopsies revealed that multiple 9mm projectiles fired from police guns had killed both men.
- However, these foes are then converted into explosive projectiles that can be fired like rockets from the cannon.
- Modern artillery functions in the same way as all firearms, but fires larger projectiles over longer distances.
- The US military acknowledged that the helicopter was likely brought down by small-arms fire or a projectile fired from the ground.
- These slits, called murder holes, could be used by the defenders to fire projectiles at any foes within the passageway.
- The system uses precharged barrels holding multiple projectiles that are fired by electronic ignition.
- Now, obviously what they can't protect against completely is rockets and other sort of projectiles fired into that area.
- The Vulcan works by firing a projectile at high speed into a landmine, ripping it apart without detonating the explosives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.