In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Gone from the center are the 16 mm film projectors, filmstrip projectors and all but one video editing machine of yesteryear.
- An overhead projector is also used to see the colors as the pieces are placed on the viewing screen.
- Meanwhile, two video projectors displayed enigmatic images on opposite walls.
- A matched projector screen is covered with material that reflects only these wavelengths.
- The video projector lit up the screen behind Geoff displaying a schedule for the day.
- I had a lady come in as I was setting up the LCD projector.
- There was a holographic projector displaying in three dimensions everything in range of the ship's scanners.
- We may even have taken a projector and shown some film.
- Almost like an old slide projector, my mind moves from scene to scene.
- I made transparencies of their original sketches and we used overhead projectors to trace their designs on the walls.
- Five video projectors beam onto small screens, all aboard a huge, tilted white tabletop.
- However, the steadiness of the holographic projectors and audio systems prevented that.
- In the decades from the 1920s until the early 1990s, slide, film, and video projectors were added to the mix of planetarium technology to tell the story of astronomical progress.
- On one occasion he was discovered by the night watchman surrounded by neat piles of bits and pieces of a film projector.
- A front projection system with LCD projector delivers HDTV resolution for high definition images.
- Landmark Cinemas is installing digital projectors in all of its 177 screens across the country.
- All that said, the film is still a remarkable visual production that you can almost taste as the light of the projector passes you on the way to the screen.
- Mobile wall panels peel away to reveal film projectors and screens, and shifting lights cast shimmering patterns on the canvas roof.
- There is nothing worse than watching your movie screened on a bad video projector!
- For galleries, the setting up of projectors and having screening times is foreign to them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.