In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The processes of economic imperialism, proletarian enslavement and continuous war are explained painlessly through Winston and Julia's private resistance.
- The sit-in was therefore rife with just the sorts of contradictions which communists identified with proletarian womanhood, and women became obvious and crucial actors in its realization.
- Far from being utopian, the Marxist perspective of proletarian internationalism is based on the fact that capitalism has integrated the world economy into a mighty, interconnected whole.
- He joined the French Communist Party soon after his return (he had been sympathetic to it long before this) and favoured proletarian subjects that he hoped would be accessible to the working class.
- The argument was that since the era had not changed there could not be any new ‘ism’, or overall development of proletarian ideology, after Leninism.
- Marxists believe that there are two great opposing camps that are battling it out on the world-historical stage, and that these are the capitalist and proletarian classes.
- It did not, however, represent either a new form of proletarian power or a viable strategy of socialist revolution.
- The theme of an economically divided America appeals not to the actual poor, but to wealthy, left-wing college graduates who like to strike proletarian poses.
- This did not simply mean the promotion of international proletarian solidarity.
- Her writing explored folk models and, in particular, the short metrical rhymes of Mother Goose - poems of anonymous authorship, of proletarian origin, and of subtly subversive intent.
- The SEP advocates a proletarian internationalist solution to the war.
- In Eastern Europe, most of the new states of 1920 had fallen under Moscow-controlled communist regimes at least formally committed to the concept of proletarian internationalism.
- While appealing to intellectuals, it was distinctively proletarian in doctrine and temper.
- Current pedagogy describes these traits under new terms that valorize them as usefully proletarian and subversive.
- Thus do the social conditions of proletarian existence in contemporary society, conditions first elucidated by Marxist theory, take vengeance by the fate they impose upon Marxist theory itself.
- If, in the long run, the beliefs expressed in proletarian dictatorship are destined to be accepted by the dominant forces of the community, the only meaning of free speech is that they should be given their chance and have their way.
- My father was adamant that change could not come about without a violent revolution and a proletarian dictatorship.
- All of this vanished like mist before a strong wind when war broke out and all thoughts of international proletarian solidarity went out of the window.
- The narrow view of economic democracy articulated by the Movement meant that the organization of labour as proletarian labour throughout the economy remained intact.
- As we have already demonstrated on the basis of the historical record, Cannon's struggle against Pabloism was the highpoint of his life as a Marxist revolutionary and proletarian internationalist.
1proletario masculineproletaria feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.