In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the proletariat — el proletariado
- Today, strawberries are grown in all 50 states and enjoyed by people in all walks of life - presidents and proletariats alike.
- The dictatorship of the proletariat was key to Marx.
- The working class, or proletariat, is not defined by the type of labour it performs, but by its relationship to the means of production.
- I want to know more about why the working class or the proletariat is the decisive factor in this fight.
- Lenin proposed that the new regime would be a ‘democratic dictatorship of the proletariat and peasantry.’
- It is, in fact, a larger and more diverse section of the population than the old industrial proletariat of the middle of the last century.
- Is it necessary for the peasant classes of agricultural nations to become urban or rural (if such a thing is possible) proletariats before a Socialist Revolution is possible?
- It was Gandhi's first experience with India's industrial proletariat.
- The industrial proletariat was the first to rally around it.
- What relevance, then, could Marxism, a movement of the urban proletariat, have for the political development of Russia?
- The dominance of industrial capitalism nurtured an urban proletariat, in large measure drawn from the mass immigration from southern and eastern Europe.
- Human history has remained the chronology of struggles between master and servant, have and have nots, between capitalists and proletariats, exploiter and exploited.
- She grew up as a member of this oppressed proletariat that Marx and Engels wrote about.
- Political art consisted in fusing the petty bourgeoisie into oneness through its common hostility to the proletariat.
- These American farmers were not, then, in the classic Marxist formulation, expropriating the surplus value of a proletariat.
- The catastrophe into which the world has thrust the socialist proletariat is an unexampled misfortune for humanity.
- His idea was to take the city to the village, so a working class, a proletariat, began to be born in the villages.
- As learned and experienced bargainers, thanks to months on the road, we calmly explained that we were students (and proletariats ourselves) and simply could not afford the 1000 rupees, which was true.
- That is to say, the revolutionary hymn that called the proletariats of the world to unite is now anti-revolutionary in the harmonious society.
- In capitalist society, the main axis of conflict is between the bourgeoisie (the capitalist) and proletariat (the workers).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.