In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1proliferación femininenuclear proliferation — proliferación de armas nucleares
- At every stop, Ms. Rice focused on U.S. determination to work with other nations to stem the threat from nuclear proliferation.
- Fears already raised about nuclear proliferation in so-called rogue states are what inspired this kind of defense system in the first place.
- Join with allies and lead the world to crack down on nuclear proliferation.
- The threat of nuclear proliferation will abate as dangerous stockpiles of atomic weapons are quickly used up.
- The primary US interest is in checking nuclear proliferation.
- As with the increasing proliferation of mobile phones, we now have an emerging doctrine of iPod etiquette.
- We need to end this hide-and-seek approach to containing proliferation of nuclear weapons.
- The risks to be managed are mainly those of nuclear proliferation.
- Would the second nuclear age be characterized by a rapid or slow proliferation of new overt nuclear weapon capabilities?
- This muteness increases the sense of proliferation in his art.
- He wants to stop nuclear proliferation with more nuclear proliferation.
- He also touts the CIA's record in helping to stop nuclear proliferation.
- Stopping nuclear proliferation should be the goal of every country.
- The UN is a venue for seeking consensus on global issues from nuclear proliferation to poverty reduction.
- The failure of the conference makes nuclear proliferation more likely and nuclear disarmament a waning hope.
- Meanwhile, proliferation was increasing the danger of nuclear terrorism.
- Nuclear weapons safety and proliferation are expected to top the agenda.
- Each of these five factors will become increasingly important as Internet proliferation continues in Russia.
- The drug trade is also frequently implicated and is held responsible for the increasing proliferation of guns throughout society.
- Treaties covering nuclear proliferation and nuclear testing helped to reinforce the feeling that the immediate danger of nuclear war was fading away.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.