In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The disease spread most rapidly in those populations that were most promiscuous and engaged in risky sexual activity.
- Apparently that meant I was young, preppy-looking, and potentially very promiscuous.
- The only reason he turned her down is because this rumor got started that Christy was the most promiscuous girl at our school.
- They never demean them in speech, watch vulgar or erotic shows, or associate with lustful or promiscuous women.
- They are just encouraging children to be more promiscuous.
- If the girl was deemed promiscuous, became pregnant, or could not keep a job, she could be returned to the reform school.
- Rather, their narratives suggest that they believe female role models who exhibit sexual agency have a status that protects them from being labeled as promiscuous.
- After many years of directing my own sexual education in Paris, I came to see myself as a ‘liberated woman,’ or what some perhaps would call a promiscuous adventurer.
- Still, you have reason to be hesitant if he's been promiscuous lately.
- Instead, he chose to focus his question on the client's change to not being promiscuous.
- Do you regret not being sexually promiscuous in high school?
- Anyone who is sexually promiscuous is of increased risk of acquiring a sexually transmitted infection.
- As the American houses have seduced corporate Britain, so companies have become more promiscuous in their search for intelligence.
- There's a difference between being promiscuous and making serious strategic bets that may be the cause for regrets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.