In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Businesspromotor masculinepromotora feminine
2Sportempresario masculineempresaria feminine
- The only thing that could stand in the way of this revolution is if the current music publishers start buying concert promoters, and lock down this new business model before it can even start.
- It's also pretty ironic that the promoters of these events don't list the tobacco companies in their sponsors list like they do everyone else.
- Regular washroom advertisers include radio stations, the Department of Health, event promoters, cinema companies and most alcohol brands.
- Concert promoter Roger Nowell said he had phone calls from many people he had not seen for years, asking for tickets.
- Event promoters called the profiteering ‘particularly upsetting’ as official proceeds are going to cancer and children's charities.
- Other bands are also based there, along with producers, managers and promoters.
- Boxing promoter Don King appeared on our first list in 1995 and appears again this year.
- Event organizers, music promoters and managers have the power to decide fees for each artist.
- He previously failed as a boxing promoter and as owner of a bodybuilding competition.
- The runners up will also benefit, as just reaching the final brings them to the attention of agents, concert promoters and recording companies.
- Concert promoter Ian Martin once seemed to be at the top of his game.
- He was also an events promoter, notably organizing the Star Wars convention held in Montreal in '99.
- Some people were making a lot of money out of it, but usually it was the producers and publishers and promoters, and all they wanted was a quick buck.
- I want to see more responsibility from concert promoters and sponsors.
- Keeping the performer at ease is usually entrusted to the agent and concert promoter.
- Boxing promoter Don King has a lot to be thankful for.
- It could apply to hotel and motel owners, cruise ship operators, stadium owners, landlords, real estate managers, and event promoters.
- At no stage did we tell the local promoters for this event that the capacity for it would be 19,000.
- He tells a story of a well-known promoter who produced a concert that DiFranco did with Bob Dylan.
- The magazine is produced and edited by Neil Simpson, a concert promoter based in Blackpool.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.