In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(advancement in rank)ascenso masculinemasculine ascensofeminine promociónshe got / was given promotion — la ascendieron
- before noun promotion prospects — perspectivas de ascenso
1.2Sportascenso masculinepromoción feminine
- Factually, I would like to point out to you that there are more boxing promotions staged at York Hall than there have ever been in the last 30 years.
- This boxing promotion featured dim lighting, overhead music and a private corner in a bar.
- The Pete Callaghan Centre in Westport was packed to capacity on Sunday last for the annual St. Anne's Boxing Club promotion.
- At first, it was dodgy boxing promotions in his native Gold Coast, Queensland.
- The two youngsters will trade leather in a boxing promotion featuring seven other bouts on the undercard.
2.1(of research, peace, trade)promoción femininefomento masculine
- We identified resources on legumes that might be useful to dietitians in their work in clinical counselling, disease prevention or health promotion.
- Health promotion and disease prevention include age specific counselling called anticipatory guidance.
- It sets standards for health promotion, prevention, rehabilitation and management of acute conditions like heart attacks.
- This chapter awakens our appetite for greater understanding and use of social communication in mental health with regard to promotion, prevention and care.
- As health educators, students went into the community to teach and encourage health promotion and disease prevention.
- We're listening to people and are looking at developing health promotion and giving healthy living advice.
- Health promotion helped to improve knowledge on risk factors and encouraged people to adopt healthy lifestyles and behaviours.
- If you look at this new Medicare legislation, for example, it's got health promotion and disease prevention provisions in it.
- Both nutrition and physical activity have important roles in health promotion and disease prevention, and are viewed by the public as closely related and synergistic.
- The main goal of the trust is to construct a memorial complex for Basheer that will be involved in language promotion and socio-cultural activities.
- His argument goes against the whole idea of support for the arts, that being that there are some areas of endeavour that require promotion and support, regardless of their popularity.
- For children, dietary guidance must focus on health promotion and habits fostering later prevention of chronic diseases.
- Physical activity plays a pivotal role in health promotion and disease prevention.
- The smokers' contribution to health promotion is a clear illustration of this.
- Although health promotion is supported by more evidence of effectiveness than is often thought, much remains poorly evaluated and is often highly dependent on context.
- In principle, I'm sure all of our diplomats support democracy promotion.
- However, I have become sceptical of governments' humanity, so let me instead repeat what we already know about disease prevention and health promotion.
- The AANP states that NPs diagnose and manage acute episodic and chronic illnesses and emphasize health promotion and disease prevention.
- The emphasis in the NP program is directed toward patient needs in areas of health promotion, disease prevention, or disease intervention.
- The new revised intervention programme provides national guidance for prevention of and health promotion in cardiovascular health.
3.1(publicity)promoción femininepublicidad femininepropaganda femininebefore noun promotion drive — campaña de promoción feminine
- Advertising revenues will be under pressure from below-the-line activity like PR, direct marketing, multimedia and sales promotion.
- Other forms of tobacco promotion, such as product placement (deliberate or otherwise) in films and via the internet, also must be dealt with.
- Of course, to bring this concept to life they had to focus on car-oriented products and promotion.
- Disguising sales promotion as research destroys the credibility of all industry-funded research.
- He would rather have the Financial Department look at these aspects, as his mind is more diverted towards adverting, sales promotion and packaging designs.
- She's responsible for marketing, on-air promotion, creative services, communications, research and business development.
- The internet has become an increasingly important outlet for information, promotion and sales to the consumers.
- The telecoms advertising market is crowded and the mobile operator felt it needed to expand in terms of brand awareness and promotion of its productions.
- Solid waste management, infrastructure building and public awareness promotion will be carried out under the $154,000 project.
- Diversity is vital to the publishing, promotion and sale of books.
- In reality, both exhibitions occupied the same amount of floor space, received equal promotion, and had supporting event programmes of a similar size.
- Each element of the marketing mix - product, price, promotion, and distribution - must aim for this.
- We also know branding, marketing, promotion, sales and distribution.
- It's product and promotion that drive frequency and loyalty in fast food.
- The agency has recently completed projects for major clients in web, print, packaging, advertising, sales promotion and exhibition design.
- Barriers were built to separate planning, production, promotion, sales and exportation and other inseparable functions.
- Sales promotion may be aimed at customers, middlemen, or at a firm's own employees.
- It includes advertising, personal selling, publicity, sales, and promotion.
- As Simmons has put it, in a general sense everything that is done to sell a product is sales promotion.
- Speakers at the seminar said sponsorship was an effective method of building public relations and effecting sales promotion.
3.2(campaign)promoción femininecampaña publicitaria femininecampaña de promoción feminine
- Both opened with aggressive sales promotions, triggering even more heated competition in the business, Yang said.
- They are currently running a special promotion which involves collecting tokens over a number of weeks.
- Despite the deluge of World Cup promotions and advertising campaigns, Walkers' heavy spending and football tie-ins appear to have cut through the advertising clutter.
- Advertisers insist their promotions only boost certain brands and do not increase the market for unhealthy foods.
- Advertising campaigns and promotions for alcoholic drinks which target young people are also under review.
- The promotion resulted in double-digit sales volume growth for Welch's drinks.
- The teasers, print ads and in-store promotions feature the same theme.
- It has switched over to a single marketing communications agency to oversee all advertising, media relations, Internet campaigns and other promotions.
- The only difference with the main show is that the November show will be a consumer goods sales promotion only.
- The company is currently investigating the possibility of bringing the campaign into other consumer promotions and in-store efforts as well.
- In celebration of this milestone year, the art publisher is holding special sales promotions throughout the year.
- Every aspect was handled by the trainees, from sponsorships to media publicity to promotions.
- They met to clarify the rules for staging advertising games, and avoiding law breaches related to promotions and campaigns.
- Major corporations want a part of him and are queueing up for him to front their campaigns, promotions and advertisements.
- Listed below are the responses to last year's question about happy hours and special drink promotions.
- The campaign will also include promotions in pubs and shopping centres nationwide.
- During the shopping bonanza various events will be occurring and all businesses involved will be running in-store promotions.
- I'd also recommend increased advertising and promotions during lulls to boost sales.
- Nelson collaborated on the flavor profiles of the bourbon and he will take part in promotions and marketing campaigns.
- The campaign will see on-pack promotions in 8,000 stores across nine countries over the next couple of months.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.