- First, there is the problem of pronominal referents.
- Some of his corrections really did have to do with grammar or syntax, such as his insistence on maintaining consistent parallel structure and pronominal reference.
- In the latter, the old three-way pronominal system followed its own course of development.
- This turns out to be unexplained under the pronominal anaphor account: if a long-distance reflexive were a pronominal anaphor, it would be expected to be bound in the matrix sentence.
- Furthermore, demonstrative nominal and demonstrative pronominal anaphors appeared to function quite differently in expressing differences in transition stages of discourse referents.
- As in the pronominal anaphora case, descriptive material does the work that reference does in most other accounts of the semantics of temporal and modal discourse.
- The numeral plus classifier can be used in a pronominal sense.
- Attachment ambiguities and pronominal reference ambiguities are just everywhere.